Friday, July 17, 2015

process

I haven't been able to process anything that's happened in the last two weeks.
Actually, the whole summer really. 
Haven't had the time, and to be honest, 
I've been afraid to. 

I had a break down in my parents laundry room on Sunday.
Everyone tried talking, listening, and some knew to just wait it out.
Dad busted in wanting to know what was wrong with his daughter,
Mom had to deal with the rambles,
Olivia got the ugly cry,
Michael was there for the recovery.

Almost a week later and I'm still sifting through my heart over it all.

Maybe one day I will be able to understand,
 what it is to love like they love me.
Family always seems to be my anchor,
even after we've been separated by storms for so long. 

My last day at EYF.
It was a beautiful day.
I cried with Rachel as we sat and reflected for a few minutes,
 once the babies were all gone.
Thankful for similar hearts.

Sometimes kids have to stop coming to program.
Sometimes kids have to leave their homes,
even when they don't want to.
And sometimes the only answer is prayer.
Actually, always... it's always the answer.

The wind couldn't have come at a better time,
even though I do miss sunshine.

Tomorrow
 I'm going to sleep,
walk around my city without shoes,
and process.

No comments:

Post a Comment