Thursday, September 17, 2015

I Won't Be Put On Mute

If it's not one thing, it's another.
Oppression.
Opposition.
Others hateful words.
Failures are adding up, and the victories are small and few.
I have more doubts in what I am doing here, and if it's worth it.
Sin.
Satan.
Selling me a campaign, to believe more in evil, than the Holy. 
The second we catch a break and think we are doing something good, people want to step on it, and remind us that, we are the minority.
I want to say "yeah, we are... were the only ones living like Christ." But that would just be real petty ish wouldn't? So WE have to keep it classy... cause WE will be the ones sent to the office. 
Bull.

There is a reason people chose to just be silent. 
They are sick of their voices being put on mute.
News flash. 
I won't be put on mute. 
That's why I'm here. On earth.
To be the badass with a mega phone as a mouth. 
Refusing to let the minority, the children, the broken, the forcibly mute, the urban, the refugees, the people of God, be forgotten. 
Sometimes I really suck at my job.
Sometimes I get caught up in the little things, things that are put in front of me as a distraction. 
Seemingly good things, people, events, etc.
At the end of the day though, they are part of the problem.
This week my heart was ripped apart, 
Over and over again.
Peoples voices weren't heard.
Words were put in mouths that didn't belong. 
Loved ones were too far away, broken.
Yet, I still see the light.
Because that's the kind of hold He has on me,
I just wonder if you have that same feeling... or if you've somehow put Him on mute too.

This isn't a list of hate filled observations, or a statement of how I have been knocked down and wounded. 
This is a battle cry
And I have called roll. 
Seen who will measure up. 
To the ones who played spy, only to know where the Achilles heel was.
Remember what you chose. 
Remember whose voice you tried to put on mute
News flash.
I won't be put on mute

1 comment:

  1. Killed it girl. Usually the ones who deem themselves the closest in proximity to God are the ones who Jesus straight up rejects in scripture, while, at the same time, calling those who are pushed to the edges, the outcasts and beat downs, the minorities and the people who are useless to society, to himself. Keep lifting up the oppressed because Jesus is about freedom. no more pain or death or tears. The old order if things will pass away...

    ReplyDelete