Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Way to many thoughts right now...

Just a few things... a lot of things that have been going on in my head.

Tomorrow will be a week since I left my beautiful Lexington.
I haven't cried in four days.
Sleeping wasn't an option the first night, but with a room renovation and some night time cold medicine it's gotten a lot better.
I haven't freaked out over the fact that my books should have been here 5 days ago... yet.
A 4.0 without friends isn't why I came to college, not that I won't give my best, of course I will. But really I am here for The Lord and His Kingdom, not an A in my HIST 1100 class.
I've met some awesome people who I have no idea what I would do without already.
Woke up this morning thinking four years of this is going to be a combination of awful and fantastic, hard but so worth it, and that I have to constantly remember why I am here... oh hey there are the tears.
I miss my kids.
I want to hug my family.
Knowing what's due for what class and when is literally going to drive me insane right now.
I can't remember the last time I prayed unless it was in class and I had to. Which would seem kinda silly since I am at Johnson and people think I've turned into a Monk or something.
I need some me time. Alone time. Time with the Lord to thank Him for getting me here and for His provision, love and humor that Intercultural Studies Majors are the only ones who don't leave with a ring.
I'm listening to Magna Carter Holy Grail because I literally need something that hasn't played on air1 before right now. Oh. And Drake. Always.
A kid came up to me during an ugly cry on Saturday and basically said I was loved and that whatever sadness I felt won't last, because even his darkest days had an end... Sometimes you just need a random skater kid to shock the heck out of you long enough to dry the tears and realize you're in the right place.
Computer lab has been one of the most boring, scary, easy, and interesting things I have done so far. I keep fooling people into thinking I'm good enough to be in there.
Did I say I miss my kids yet? Because I do. They start academy after labor day and I would do anything to be there. I want to hear about middle school, to be able to drive down Hedge Wood and be greeted by a half dozen hugs and loud giggles.
Can't even go to the dumpster without seeing a couple. SUPER AWKWARD.
Still sick over here. Coughing up lungs and other vital organs.
I've missed a lot of meals but made up for it with almonds and cookies = freshman 15 for no reason lol. Which brings me to the biggest winner. No. Stop asking me people. I can only pretend like I want to work out with y'all. I think it's great. But I'd rather wait till bball season is in and put my energy towards screaming at games.
Sometimes if you are nice to someone they get the wrong idea. Other times they just don't get the idea at all.
Teachers are freaking hilarious... they just haven't been yet.
7:35s EVERY SINGLE DAY..... That's all.
It's hard to remember life before this little community sometimes. I don't like that.
I'm still waiting for 'me' to show up.
A movie or Netflix binge is needed.
It's beautiful here. I want to explore and get out in the city. I also want all this work and freaking Saki stuff to disappear just for a little while longer. Oh well.
I got to video chat with my 2nd fam last night. And it was like the greatest Christmas present you have ever gotten times 12!!! I MISS THEM SO MUCH.
Ok. Now the coffee is wearing off and the meds are kicking in. Bed time early much? These are just a random mash up of what my brain is going through right now. Sorry it's written the way it is... but not really. I don't care enough right now to use format.

P.S. I just remembered about another assignment due tomorrow morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment