Thursday, December 4, 2014

My Beat

This story started out with a beat - sometimes with a reproducible rhythm... and others, well let's just say they stuck this story in the back of the drum line it was so off beat!
 
This story is also known as mine.
 
This story came with themed music. Drums.
 
That's why this place filled with simple honest words is called, The Drums in My Heart.
 
Little did we know that a couple of scares, visits with grey haired, simple faced men, and a nurse who saw a strong young woman hold back tears because she couldn't control this, would prove that there really were drums in my heart. And that mine was special. My beat.
 
I've always been told that my heart was SO big.
 
And I have been able to get away with a few heart jokes this semester-  but since then things have gotten more real. The black outs, the racing heart, and can't hardly tell if my heart was beating days, made the story a lot more real.
 
Regardless of the unknown and hopefully soon-to-be known... I know that God made my heart. And no matter if there is a solution or more questions. I know God made my heart to do big things - after all my heart is SO big.
 
Tonight my best friends held my hands and prayed.
 
Tomorrow the story continues, and I will go through the motions in that office -
unveiling to knew faces just how special my beat is.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment