Tuesday, May 12, 2015

day 4

For only being here a few days I feel like I have lived here for a very long time.

I am at peace here.
I would not dare to say comfortable yet. I'll be honest I tip toed the first night cause I felt like I was staying over at someone else's apartment.
I'm more okay with the weight of my walk on the floors now.
I remembered where the silverware drawer was today.
Small victories.

I already made my own dinner, very poorly I might add. My roommate and I died laughing about how ridiculous I was in mistaking quarts for cups and had to start all over again.
My roommates made a much better dinner tonight - I just took the trash out and spilled black bean juice everywhere.

I called my mom.

Training.
Paper work on top of paper work.
I was sworn in to serve our nation, state side, the other day... weird.
My site has 6 girls and one very brave guy. God bless him.

Adventures in apartment number 8 are in full swing. With a busted water heater across the hall, one of my roommates and I managed to temporarily, and dramatically, stop the water, as well as calm the grandmother down. Not to mention acknowledging the little girl peeking around the stove we pulled from the wall.
In East Knoxville people don't really come around their units to help you out - you do it yourself. Don't worry guys. These ladies have it under control.

Packing lunches.
Cooking dinner.
Having friends over to 'your place.'
Doing dishes.
Groceries.
Going out with your roommates to hear some jazz.
Late night talks before an early morning - cause technically we are still young enough to be this sleep deprived and get away with it...
Laughing so hard you cry.

For only being here a few days I feel like I have lived here for a very long time.
*I think I like it here.

2 comments: