Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Jefferson Ave

A few years ago I met these people that talked about Christian community development & the body of Christ as if they had seen in to my own soul & were just quoting things I had dreamed of myself.
We joked about me living with them & pretending to be their long lost child, or something of that nature. Never really verifying if that was to happen or not.

Fast forward...

7 months ago I moved in with them & claimed the role of "baby Chlo" once again. I've learned a lot about myself & about building intentional community off campus, specifically on the east side, thanks to this family. Some days I really feel like the worst house mate there ever was, where I am met with grace & understanding & a few laughs. Other days I'm blessed with the opportunity to teach them about social networking & the most recent slang (also followed by a few laughs!)

In less than 2 months, the great big adventure of moving to Jefferson Ave, will come to a close. I can't even type that without getting emotional. The kids toys, the compost, the pizza nights, the early mornings, the late night talks, the come to Jesus meetings, the porch days,  the love & encouragement & many memories made. This year has shaped me in a beautiful way, a way I think will impact how I see my neighbors & community for years to come.

The coffee is strong, the hugs are often & I'll always be their "Baby Chlo."

No comments:

Post a Comment