Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Good 'Ole Rocky Top

"I am starting to feel this place reaching out for me, and pulling me in close. Never wanting to let me go until it knows I've been here long enough. And for once... I'm not fighting back." 

Those were the words I wrote 4 years ago about my sweet Knoxville.
I was finally able to accept the transitions.
Making friends with new kids on the basketball court and in college.
I feel like I was just the wild freshman girl who ran up  and down the halls of her dorm at all hours of the night dancing to Beyonce with her RA's.

Now I am about to walk across a stage with 2 degrees in just a few days.

I have a lot to say about my time here...
The life long friendships I made, the mistakes I made, the family I gained, the lessons I learned in and out of the classroom. But the words need time to sit awhile longer...

It's kind of wild how I felt like this city was reaching for me back then... like it new I was a runner, afraid of falling in love with another place I would eventually have to leave. 
But my goodness am I happy it did and that I stopped fighting back! 
And now, ironically, I am the one that doesn't want to let go completely,
and this city knows it's time.

My heart is breaking more and more at the thought of how in a few weeks I'll pack up my little yellow car and return to the Bluegrass... continuing my story, ending a chapter.

But now I can proudly say, 

Rocky Top, you'll always be, home sweet home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment