Wednesday, June 28, 2017

These Boarded Up Walls

I want so badly to make sense of this hurricane within me.
To keep up with the wind, or feel as deeply as the rain does falling toward the pavement.
I have boarded up my windows in preparation for something powerful to consume me, unsuccessfully, of course.
But in this process, all else within, cannot escape properly, or enter back in.
I see through the cracks, golden skies, green grass.
Safety, love.
And here I stay.
Locked behind the only thing I have control over.
These boarded up walls.
This way no one will ever have to experience these crashing waves,
dangerous, risky, wild.
I protect myself and them... whoever they are.
But every so often, I catch a ray of that golden light through the crack in my boarded up windows and I can't help but wonder
what it would feel like to be held by your sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment