Friday, February 23, 2018

IV XXII

Currently wishing I had something profound to say.

Wondering if the last two days will be engraved on my heart anymore than the last 8 plus years.

I've been told not to take it for granted.

There haven't been any tears this week.    Just a lot of sweat and maybe even a little blood.


There is still much to do.    Always.

You would think, after all this time.


But of course, I am built to finish a job that is set out before me.    Help those in need.

Do first.   Feel second.    Even when the second comes in heavy, and lingers.

                                                                              -

Then I was the last one.

And the silence gave me such peace.     I moved about the building one last time for the day, turn out the lights, throw away the trash.

I let out a sigh of relief.     Because for the first time, in what seems like forever, I was home.

And the significance of locking the door behind me... hit me like a ton of bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment