Monday, February 12, 2018

Write It Down in 20 Minutes

Write your thoughts for 20 minutes... go

I've been nervously picking at the clear coat on my nails for over a week now. 
I turn right on Mulberry now, instead of Codell, just to make sure the sign is still in the yard.
I wake up 30 minutes earlier some days to make it through a circuit or two.  
Other days I swallow hard and peel myself out of bed - even though my body feels too heavy.
The days on the calendar keep passing me by in slow motion, until I open my eyes a little wider, and realize I've been going through landmark type events and all the emotions come at the same time.
I've done a lot more listening and reading to other peoples thoughts and experiences recently.
Not as if I didn't do that before... I've just made more room in the margins for it altogether. 
The rain finally stopped today.
For how long... I'm not sure. 
I saw the sun today, and my skin started to dance.
This feels real.
I have to woo important people sometimes... in order to remain relevant, and on the front lines. 
It doesn't exhaust me like it does some people. 
That doesn't negate the fact it truly is exhausting. 
The kids spent a good amount of time in my parents house the last two weeks.
The silence doesn't hurt them like it has me... and that moved me.
People have their favorites... that's cool.
I'm usually still immature enough to wish I was their favorite.
At least that is what my friends tell me. 
I don't disagree though.
I found a place that sells coffee and books and refuses to be gentrified by those around it.
A place that doesn't deny its culture, or have really loud pop music playing or baristas that should just stop talking.
A place that cares about its neighbors, not the status quo or who is driving in for a latte only to comment on
the "crime in the area." 
Then I over heard they are having a hard time staying open and have until March to figure things out.
Isn't that how life goes?


No comments:

Post a Comment