Sunday, August 5, 2018

love to give

I honestly can't remember what the gaps used to feel like before them.

They don't allow for much room.

We are adjusting to it.

I told her I got the better end of the deal, because after he left them...

he attached himself to me at the hip and we haven't looked back since.

Now I wonder if there was fine print to that deal...

Growing pains don't look the same for everyone.

But when you're us, you know how to read the signs and feel it coming before you turn the corner.

This was a step forward and five steps back in a lot of ways.

And I fight myself on what I... what we all chose, everyday.

I want to say I am still learning myself, I still have a long way to go...

I can't blame anyone but myself.

But I know not all of this is to be left for me to carry.

Seasons change.

They will come back, they will.

Home has always been them... always been us.

And I will not ever regret those moves forward, to morn the steps that we lost.

I will remember the ache this left inside of us and do what it takes to make sure the fine print comes out bold, and we all know that the family grows.

And there is always love to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment