Tuesday, November 29, 2011

comfortable rock

Pinned Image
  

Shutting down. Shutting down.
   Closing in on the end,
   of something which was once unfamiliar.
   A new love. A never ending love I say.
   Tired. Beaten by the reality of these days.

   Building. Building.
   These senses will show me the way around the dark path.
   My heart will tell me pause and listen.
   What if I keep going? What if I say no?
   Breathing in deep. Holding the tears in my own hands.

   Open up.
   Locked away but still so transparent for all to see.
   Why must I be so unsure of this gift? Is it really me?
   Mouth closed tight, when really all it seems is open.
   Looking. Waiting. Hoping. Dreaming.
   Open up.

   Happy, oh so happy.
   Making sure happiness is plentiful around me.
   Me? Or that soul? I thought that's what I was doing.
   Seeing this I want to close my eyes tight.
   Get away. Run. Be free. Be happy.
   I know what it feels like to be alone in a room full of people.
   You made sure to put a smile on each face,
   and now its my turn to get a smile.

   Without a hand. Without a hug.
   Days like that are hard. Alone?
   Never. He is there, always. I talk to him, always.
   Human presence though, without a face it's a cold world.
   That path is still dark. The lamps on the side?
   Brighter than the sun.

The reason I get up in the morning.
The reason I try my hardest.
The reason I cry. Happy or sad. Alone or not.
Shutting down. Still Pushing. Building up.
 Feeling Happy. Alone in a cold place. Warmed by a thought.
The reason I get up in the morning.
  
   
It is no longer unfamiliar. No longer something to question. No reason to feel alone. All the reason to keep pushing, building, being happy, and to understand. Time to be the rock that is comfortable to lean against. Strong. Able to help the most tender hearts. Like my own.



                                                             stones



  

No comments:

Post a Comment