Monday, November 13, 2017

Post Card Love Letters

I find it hard to explain you to people
How at any given moment our connection is stronger
Like a homing device, we always find each other
Miles and miles traveled 
Sleepless nights
Early mornings
Countless cups of coffee laced in conversations
New skylines and familiar front porches
Yeah, I have a hard time explaining you to people
How you see me for the first time, every time
You make me brave
Like how sidewalks kiss the bottom of my dirty vans as I trek through dark alleyways,
You also kiss my soul with your billboard wisdom and welcoming signs
You have taught me what desire looks like
What grit and hard work can become from the ground all the way up to the penthouse floor
I miss you, but I must visit others and gain experience from them
Similar to forbidden lovers, distance is part of the process, 
but you are home
There are many "yous"
And only one me
Constantly breaking off pieces of me and scattering them out like bread comes
I inhale you deeply, only choking a bit this time
I never want to close my eyes with you, I fear I will miss just a moment,
and that would be too much
I find it hard to explain the back and forth 
Time differences
Skyscrapers
Freeways
None of them can keep us apart too long,
a few bring us closer together
If I am Peter Pan
You are Neverland
And will will Wander - Lust forever
I hope you are well while I am away
Post card love letters feel silly
but they do the trick

No comments:

Post a Comment