Sunday, June 28, 2015

With Tears In Mind

I was built with a foundation to feel.
Parts of me were formed with tears in mind. 
More often than not, I cry.
Don't worry, I'm not broken, not stuck in a perpetual sadness.

I just feel. 

Deeply.

Hard.

A lot. 

Some days you just gotta let me cry it out and then I'll be okay.
Other days, maybe you needed to cry too and didn't even know it. 
I can be a help in that way.
When one of our 4th grade boys tells his squad to "share the ball with them" nodding at the 1st grade.
boys, I tear up on the sidewalk like a proud mom. Cause that was a big deal.
Or when siblings might get separated and you can't do anything about it. 
Or when the body comes around you in prayer cause you miss 'home', and they remind you that they 

are your family too.

Don't get me wrong, my life is consumed with laughter just as much, if not more, than those tears... 
but sometimes I wish feeling like I do, didn't interfere with my work... or sleep... or day to day life. 

I have to be careful.

Take a step back.

Breathe. 

And understand that not everyone feels like me. 

And that's okay. 

Understand that He is the only answer, nothing I can come up with on my own will serve any situation better than He.  
I am thankful for being made this way, with tears in mind
I tend to rely on Him a lot more when my eyes react to the joy and the sorrow they see everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment